The Sett is increasing its desire to become an
eco-responsible trade fair and aims to obtain LEAD certiﬁcation alongside the Green Event agency by 2023.
3 ambitions : Zero waste - Zero net carbon - Positive social impact
- Creation of a Sustainable Development itinerary highlighting exhibitors with an eco-responsible approach.
List of exhibitors to be discovered in the EcoSett
- Ballot boxes placed at the entrance of the A & B reception areas for recycling and reuse of cords and plastic sleeves for your badge!
- Printing of catalogues in recycled paper and reduction of quantities in favor of digital catalog (available on the Sett website and on the ofﬁcial application)
- Reduction of the carpet in all the Halls of the Parc Expo
- Distribution of several collection points inside and outside the Exhibition Centre in order to optimise waste sorting.
- Use of LED spotlight rails on the equipped stands in order to favor low electricity consumption: a green lighting technology.
- Discover the green means of transport available to get to the Montpellier Exhibition Centre
SPL Occitanie Events, increasingly committed to eco-responsibility, has held ISO 20121 certification since January 2021 issued by AFNOR. This standard is aimed at all players in the events sector and provides a framework to help organisations in the sector to integrate sustainable development.
- Installation of bicycle racks at entrances A and B and a tram station nearby offering participants the possibility of using soft transport when they come to the show. .
- Installation of water fountains in the reception areas and certain locks between the halls.
- Collection and treatment of 4 streams (glass, wood, recyclable waste, other waste) from exhibitors: during assembly, event and dismantling.
- Installation of approximately 60 EcoMegot ashtrays throughout the 55,000m2 of the park. The collected butts are sorted, then recovered and used in the development of a new depollution technique using the 3 parts of the butt: the tobacco, the paper and the filter.
- Collection and treatment of waste by the company SMN and Sud service.
- Engaged with the Ressourcerie 34 to collect the advertising banners produced during events. They are transformed into bags, kits or other objects by the Interlude workshop, a textile workshop employing some forty people in professional integration in Montpellier. (262m² collected in 2020).
- In conjunction with the ESAT for certain events and missions, they promote the professional integration or reintegration of people with disabilities.
- As a member of UNIMEV, it has a CLEO tool that allows it to calculate the carbon footprint and the economic and social contribution of its event.
Cabiron and Hussers caterers, which are a “must have” on the Sett for our visitors and exhibitors comfort. Their values are based on environmental respect and resources optimization.
Cabiron Traiteur is a part of the network « Traiteurs de France » and follows the ISO 20121 law, an events CSR norm (Corporate Social Responsibility) to improve the managing of social, economic, and environmental impacts.
Cabiron will take care of:
- Offering mostly local, organic and fair trade products.
- Using individual recyclable kraft or corn starch packages.
- Giving local associations unsold products while respecting the cold chain. (Food Bank and humanitarian association of Montpellier)
Since 2007, Husser Traiteur has been supported by the firm UTOPIES in implementing a sustainable development policy.
It is committed to:
- Favouring local products and know-how: "Sud de France" products, regional wines (organic or in conversion), proximity of local suppliers (cheese, oysters, etc.) and seasonal products
- Reuse waste (glass, cardboard, biodegradable waste, used oil)
- Maintain strong commitments to committed associations (the Red Cross, the Ladies)
The Sett fair trade is a success every year thanks to all of the collaborators we are working with, from the booth building up to the furniture rental or visual creation and printing. They all stand at an important place for the fair trade to succeed.
Lign’Expo in charge of furnishing exhibitors’ booth, will take care of:
- Re-use the material
- Optimize the transport of all furniture by converting pollutants with the AdBlue system which converts 85% of pollutants into water vapor.
- Use biodegradable cleaning products and favor steam cleaning to reduce the use of solvents.
- Is a member of the Valdelia association which ensures the free collection and recycling of professional furniture
- Use the ZEENDOC software solution to limit paper consumption
- Use electric trolleys
- Use chrome-plated furniture to reduce the use of spray paint for maintenance
- Use mainly stackable/containerisable furniture to limit handling and transport
- Select furniture from neighboring countries (France, Belgium, Italy)
- Providing an in-house repair workshop to ensure the longevity of the equipment.
AbyPrint, in charge of the creation and installation of all the signage, is committed to:
- Print certain materials on 100% ecological materials such as JET UP, which is manufactured in a global eco-design approach.
- Use new generation inks made entirely of water and solvent-free vegetable latex.
- Recycling all material scraps (PVC, dibond) in partnership with the ELISE label.
- Giving a second life to all tarpaulins and fabrics thanks to its collaboration with the Parc des Expositions and the Ressourcerie 34.
Cege produces all the communication visuals and the printing of catalogues. It is committed to :
- Reducing its impact on the environment by being FSC and PEFC certified
- Offering LED-UV printing to reduce its carbon footprint
- Printing the Sett catalogue on recycled paper
Orsa Events, in charge of creating and installing the stands, is committed to:
- Is a member of the ELISE association in order to recover 100% of office waste by recycling it and creating solidarity jobs.
- Is a partner of the LVL company for the recycling of computer equipment and ink cartridges
- Is a partner of the association LES BOUCHONS D'AMOUR which recycles plastic corks to purchase chairs and equipment for disabled people or people with reduced mobility.
- Is involved with the OUVERTURE association in order to recruit people with social and professional difficulties.
- Is a member of the association Espoir Orange et Rêve Bleu, which helps young people and disabled people.
- Is involved in various voluntary actions
- Maintains gender parity in the company
- Dematerialise the various media
- Is a partner of the SPL Occitanie Events, which holds the ISO 20121 standard
- Use electric forklifts
- Is a member of the INTERLUDE association for the recovery of carpets, fabrics and tarpaulins. Very active in social action, it allows the creation of bags and various objects.
- Uses EXPOSTYLE carpet from SOMMER, eco-designed.
- Is a partner of CLARTEX in collaboration with the company MINOT RECYCLAGES which allows the recycling of fireproof textiles.
- Is a partner with GEORGE VILLATTE, supplier of PEFC certified melamine and wood panels.
- Use sustainable raw materials for the modular stands
- Use of sustainable raw materials for the modular stands - Use of exhibition lighting equipment fully equipped with low consumption LED light bulbs